Hand in Hand : a fun and engaging course book for primary pupils
- Conversation : Each regular unit begins with an engaging conversation. The character’s dialog has been modeled after natural language, containing common vocabulary and useful expressions for everyday English.
- Words and Sentences : This section presents the words and sentence structures central to to the target language. Learner-centered activities are provided to encourage student participation and active learning.
- The world around us : This section promotes global awareness by spotlighting a different country, custom or culture for students to learn about. The subject matter is correlated with the main theme of the unit and offers students an opportunity to see the target language structures in use.
- Unit Link : Unit Link functions as a collective and regular review. The review is cumulative so that students are able to link current language targets with materials they have learned in previous lessons.
- English Sounds : English Sounds helps students strengthen their foundational phonics skills. Students study the relationship between letters and sounds so that they can become independent readers.
School link Unit (CLIL)
School Link skillfully integrates global curriculum and language education into the same fulfilling learning experience. Students explore interesting topics shaped by different school subjects such as art, math, social studies and science. While students are immersed in a topic, they are concurrently practicing and acquiring the target language.